Recent reports show that the current cost to UK business of workplace absence is upwards of 18 billion pounds per year, this is expected to rise to 21 billion by 2020. This increasing cost is not only due to absenteeism but also by reduced performance and productivity due to sickness and ill health resulting from:-
- An increase in mental health issues and stress related problems.
- Musculoskeletal disorders and the rise of an aging workforce.
- The rise of type 2 diabetes and subsequent potential complications such as cardiovascular disease.
- Higher proportion of women now in the workplace dealing with menopause and related symptoms
Many businesses are realising the value of investing in a wellness initiative, seeing it as a ‘win win’ for both the business and their employees. As companies increase their investment in health promotion, the proportion of employees in good or excellent health grows, while the costs to productivity associated with absenteeism and under performance decreases.
Women now make up over 50% of the workforce. At Aspire2health our focus is on female health issues such as heart disease, osteoporosis, depression, & weight management, with a special interest in managing the Menopause and its effects on women and on business. We can also work with you on a health related subject that is bespoke to your business. Special areas of interest are:-
- Managing the Menopause – The effect of Menopause in the work place
- Optimum Digestive & Gut Health
- Managing & Reducing your Stress
- Maintaining a Healthy Weight
In our 1 hour Lunch and Learn sessions we aim to inspire your employees to make simple changes to help them improve their health and wellbeing. Additionally, if you have a staff canteen, we are happy to visit and review the current menu, offering suggestions as to how it could be improved to meet optimum nutritional requirements.